I had a hard time thinking of what is the right title for this post (or series of posts).
The purpose of writing this is to share on the whole process of how I started from a CD (or a downloaded APE file, FLAC file or MP3 files) to the final stage of making it to the Apple iTunes (and hence into my iPod).
The process is as follow and will be covered in some details.
- This could be a CD which I owned
- This could be an APE file (and CUE file) which I found
- This could be an FLAC file (and CUE file) which I found
- These could be MP3 files already
Step 1 : Converting the source to MP3 format
Step 2 : Preparing the MP3 files to an acceptable standard
- Downloading the titles of the MP3 files
- Updating the ID tags of the MP3 files
- Copying the lyrics of the songs to the MP3 files
- Adding the album art to the MP3 files
Step 3 : Adding to iTunes and auto sych to iPod
I will cover each of the step above in details (except Step 3 since that’s covered in at least 1 million other blogs plus Apple products are usually easy to use !)